Re: [T3] Oil light stays on after shutdown?

On 20 Sep 2002, at 10:48, David Hornback wrote:

> When I kill the car sometimes the oil light will come on and stay lit for
> about 3 seconds and then go off. Is this normal?

I've seen several responses to this, but I don't think they read your message
carefully.

It depends on what you mean by "kill" your car.

If you mean that you turn the key OFF and the OIL light comes on and then
goes off, that's wierd, because turning the key OFF should remove all power
from the oil light circuit.

If you mean that the engine dies, but the key is still ON, then it would be
normal for the oil light to come on. What would be unusual would be for it to
then go off on its own, unless it just went off naturally when you turned the
key OFF.

Which is it?

Or, if you mean your generator light, then the answers are different.