[T3] Hesitation seems to be fixed

<x-charset ISO-8859-1>Hi list,

I just got back from a test drive after giving my car a tune today. I reset
the timing to 0? TDC and disconnected & plugged the vacuum, and synced the
carbs.

It doesn't seem to have any less power on hills and definitely takes off
better when giving it lot's of throttle, this was where the hesitation
showed up the most, and I even managed to spin the wheels taking off at a
set of lights! ;-)

I think this proves that the vacuum wasn't really doing anything, and it
would probably have more power on hills if I put the correct vac. + mech.
advance distributor in.

While giving it a tune up, it seemed to be burning a lot of oil. I have just
moved house and where I park my cars is on a bit of an angle (left to
right), the oil seemed to be coming from cylinders 3&4 which sit lower than
the other side. I never noticed this while working on it at the old house
that had a flat parking space. Is this normal, or is it a sign the rings are
getting worn?

Thanks for everybody's help on solving the hesitation. This list is
excellent!

Ben Doughney

'75 1200L
'63 1200 - Ringo