Re: [T3] Dual 40 DCNF Carbs

<x-charset iso-8859-1>
Uh Oh... one of those rare moments that I differ from Jim..

I have the L Jet on my Opel... and for the first 170K or so it was flawless,
although my father tweeked things a bit when it was new.  The air meter,
with the vane, was used well into the 90's at least and is quite well
designed and seems to have a very long service life, there is very little
issue with wear if nobody messes it up.  There is no pressure sensor with
brass bellows to have the solder seam fail on.

Fragile wiring?  the connectors are MUCH improved with a positive snap lock
and better sheilding against water and dirt, and the rubber covers seem to
hold up better.

Perhaps the biggest plus is the lack of trigger contacts to get dirty and go
intermittant.
I may well use L jet on my Notch when I convert it.
Kjet?  I cant get the idle smooth on my Golf... there is only one mixture
adjustment... boy I wish there were some electronics I could fiddle with ...
:-)

Keith