Re: [T3] Survey says?

In a message dated 9/19/02 7:43:40 PM Central Daylight Time,
everettb@thesamba.com writes:

<< Subj:     Re: [T3] Survey says?
 Date:  9/19/02 7:43:40 PM Central Daylight Time
 From:  everettb@thesamba.com (Everett Barnes)
 Sender:    type3@vwtype3.org
 To:    type3@vwtype3.org

 > How many listees have ever owned a type 3 from NEW?  You know, less than 3
 miles/5 kilometers on the odometer from the dealership!

 My father-in-law bought a Sea Sand '67 Fastback brand new.  It was their
 getaway car from their wedding and my mother-in-law later broke her leg
 getting out of it when she was pregnant.

 They sold it a few weeks before my wife turned 16, she was *pissed*.

 --
 Everett Barnes
 everettb@thesamba.com

I bought a black, 1964 Type 34 from Lee Hedges in 1998, It had about 55,000
showing on the odometer at that time. I repainted it red and black and
renamed it
from "blackie" to "red and blackie" and won one first in class with it. Does
that count as "from new"? :)

Don Garies
dgaries808@aol.com