[T3] '72 Squareback FS, Berkeley, CA

	I ride by this '72 Squareback regularly on my way to/from work.
Faded bright orange original-looking paint.

	Last week somebody washed and maybe waxed it.  This morning it had
a For Sale sign in its back window.

	Looks basically stock and original.  Has original Oakland VW
dealer plate brackets.  Sign in rear window indicates f.i., an engine
rebuild 20-30?k miles ago (don't remember), with something like 189k on
the car.  Looked like the asking price was $3,000, but they used a fat pen
or something -- thought at first it was $2,000.  Doesn't look smashed or
messed up, but there are little dings that you'd want to tend to if you
were going to make it a show car.  Manual transmission.

	Anyway, if anybody wants me to be a set of local eyes, I could
look at the car for you.  I'll see if I can remember to jot down the phone
number and post to the list.

-Greg