Re: [T3] Oil Filters (was RE: [T3] Type engine longevity)

On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 21:58, Charles Navarro wrote:
> Hello again-

 I just look for the
> highest quality of manufacturing, best materials, and synthetic fiber
> element rather than paper,

Most filter paper that I know of, is synthetic. The porosity <sp> is the
main thing. Good filter paper should be about 30 microns. Any finer than
that, and it will cause too much back pressure on the pump. The number
of square inches of filter media is also important.
As for the Mobil 1 spec of 550 psi burst pressure, that is not very high
by automotive standards. We expect the rubber diaphrams in our pressure
regulators to withstand that much. We have a minimum of 250psi for 1
minute, and then go up in increments of 20 psi every 10 sec.from there.
If they don't withstand at least 500 psi, we start looking for problems.
So 550 psi on metal can is not very much.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)