Re: [T3] windshield trim

In a message dated 9/15/02 7:55:17 PM Central Daylight Time, comwest@att.net
writes:

<< Subj:     Re: [T3] windshield trim
 Date:  9/15/02 7:55:17 PM Central Daylight Time
 From:  comwest@att.net (Steven Ayres)
 Sender:    type3@vwtype3.org
 To:    type3@vwtype3.org

 DonG=> I bought a windshield rubber for a bus
 => for $120 - a big son-of-a gun - and a full set of
 => trim for a beetle for $55. If you just need the
 => windshield rubber for a type 3, that comes out
 => less than $100. I bought it at the FLAPS.

 For any new people out there reading this: You're welcome to try it, but
 please don't think it'll work well, ever look right in any way, or be
 anything less than a huge PIA.

 Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
 '66 KG1600

I don't know what you're talking about. I bought a big rubber for a bus with
curved ends on it; for $120. Then, I bought a box full of beetle trim  for
$55. It had all of the trim for a whole beetle in the box. I had my hands put
the rubber on. I make policy, not the work. It looks fine as far as I can
see. I think that the rubber was American
style, too.

Don Garies
dgaries808@aol.com