[T3] Thread pitch Question ???

Help! I'm trying to reinstall the fan/pulley assembly on my 1968 1600cc
engine  but I need to "chase' the  treads  with a metric  tap. PO
damaged threads and it has distroyed the  bolt when I tried to tighten
it. What size  metric tap do I need to tap or clean the threads in the
crankshaft?
Your  tech assistance will be greatly appreciated.
 Wild Bill

'76 Bug
'68 Squareback
'67 Squareback