Re: [T3] EFI to Carbs

I wonder how hard it would be to adapt a modern computer to a type 3?
These guys have the Honda odb0 ecu pretty much reverse engineered, it
uses an 8051 processor, and they've documented it well.   I just picked
one up off of ebay for 25 bucks.   It'd just be a matter of making a
wiring harness adapter, and changing a couple sensors.   FI is where
it's at if you want to make power and have economy.   It might be an
interesting project to try.  The stock VW computer looks even scarier
today than when I was a kid and I know how they work now.

On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 07:25, Russ wolfe wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 01:16, Jim Adney wrote:
>

> > Remember, when the FI was new, this WAS the dark side! Carbs were (and
> > in some sense, still are) the conservative reaction to advances in technology.
> >
> Does that mean that I used to be a "Dark Sider" because I learned the FI
> system??? ;-)
>

> Russ Wolfe
> '66 FB MT (It drove)
> '71 FB AT
> '65 Bug (not running)
> russw@classicvw.org
> http://www.classicvw.org

-- gpg signing turned off so this may not be from me. :)

--
Mark Wolfe                                   http://www.wolfenet.org
gpg fingerprint = 42B6 EFEB 5414 AA18 01B7  64AC EF46 F7E6 82F6 8C71