Re: [T3] Let's talk gauges

On 13 Sep 2002, at 23:12, Keith Park wrote:

> BUT... isnt this issue the same with other cars?  filters dont tend to be a
> problem in other applications.

In other applications, I believe there is typically a pressure relief valve before
the filter cannister, for exactly this reason. This is not the usual case on our
conversions, so the high pressures are a possibility. Adding the pressure
relief pump cover fixes this, to the extent that the relief valve can drain off oil.

The relief covers really are a nice way to do this, but I wonder if they could
still be overwhelmed because the relief orifice is not all that big and a big
pump running at high rpm can put out a lot of flow.