Re: [T3] Loss of power + popping

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 02:54, Daniel Baum wrote:

> Anyway, one more thing: what is the best place to put one of those plastic
> fuel filters? Aircooled.net has a dire warning about a fire hazard if you
> put it inside the engine bay.

Finding metal fuel filters for carbed engines is going to get harder. I
think we were the last company making them, but we do not make them
anymore. As of last year, we do not make ANT filters for carbed engines.
I grabbed a couple hands full when they were getting rid of the old
inventory, but we didn't have any for the 1/4"/6mm like our engines use.
Knowing how the plastic filters are made, I would not be afraid to mount
one in the engine compartment. Just make sure it is not against any
sharp edges.
I did mount mine under the gas tank on my '66, just because I was
working under there replacing the gas lines.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)