Re: [T3] do I need a new fuel pump?

On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 19:33, Chris K wrote:

> Does this mean I need a new pump?? Any help is appreciated.

Not necessarily. It could be you have a plugged line coming out of the
tank.
There is a screen in the bottom of the tank on the suction line. If this
is plugged, the pump will starve. My '66 had this screen completely
plugged, as well as the metal fitting coming out the bottom of the tank.
If you pull the hose off the bottom of the tank, you should get a solid
pencil sized stream coming out of the tank.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)