[T3] body removal and rambling ~long

Shawn,
Below is the note I posted 2 weeks ago, re separating
my 69 fastback ?project car?. I added some picture's
today.  Carrie had excellent advise, on what to
dis-connect.  I did this with one other person, one
end at a time.   I did not have an engine or tranny to
mess with, so for me it was mostly the bolt's (liquid
wrench is your friend).

The answer I am used to seeing is "why are you
separating her?"  Separating our cars is not really
necessary, unless you have some major rust issues with
the pan along the rockers to deal with. 95% of our
cars are accessible with-out going to this extent.
Then the chance of the car ever getting back together
is way less then that last percentage.

Your car, however 'dark' does not look in need of
separation.  I say, spend your "new to VW " energy on
more useful items, like that paint job or an interior.
 By the way, there is another panaled square on the
'show curcuit' right now that looks an awful lot like
your idea, see>>
http://thesamba.com/vw/gallery/gallery.mv?photo+27476.jpg

Anyway, If that 1641 run's good, then run-it for a
while and do research on what can be done with the
flat air-cooled engine.  If you have read the list in
the last 3 days, the 'what engine' question has
everyone's head spinning right now!

Keith run's a mostly stock T-3 motor(i think?), but is
the first car up his local hill-climb!  He also just
drove it, what 4,000 miles (from NY to Idaho and back)
without a hick-up.

On the other hand Shad has a 2###cc T-4 (of sorts)
which I think he said can generate around 230 HP in
his fastback, (But that also comes with a fully
operating CNC custom VW manufacturing company he
operates.)

It is uncanny how VW's will end up a lot like there
owners.  Don't they say that about Dogs?

Simply put, I would suggest giving your new T-3 some
time before you tear it all apart, so you both can get
comfortable with each other, and not just end up in
piece's!

Lastly, do you know how much space a dis-assembled T-3
takes up, and do you have that much.

John R.
1 and 2 halves 69 Fastback (this disease is strong!
More - More .. )
Crystal lake Il VW Vintage show September 15th, T-3
part swap my house after words.

Sorry for the long post - I can only lurk so long
before I - - Explode - -