Re: [T3] Your Weekend

On 10 Sep 2002, at 10:45, Roush, Norman wrote:

> I'm trying to mentally picture what these clamp style wiper arms would look like.
> I have the set screw style on my '68 Squareback and they do flop a bit.  Do you
> know if/where these clamp style arms are available other then recycle yards?

The ones that were on my 69 were so new that the receipt for them was still
in the car when I bought it. They were bought from a VW dealership
sometime in the 80s.

up thru 67 the part #s are: 311 955 407A for both sides
for 68-9 the part #s are: L=311 955 407B, R=311 955 408

Instead of having a setscrew the arm had a hole with a slot cut out one side.
A thru bolt passed across that slot and pinched the slot closed, thus closing
down the body on the shaft. These don't come loose, they don't mar the
shaft, and they can be repositioned at will.