Re: [T3] Fan replacement

on 10/9/2002 9:14 AM, Jim Adney at jadney@vwtype3.org wrote:

> Interesting, I didn't know this. Are all years of SB fans the same? I assume
> the airbox is different but the fan inside is what can be swapped.

I used to have a 1302S, and that had the same fan in it, and yes the air box
was different, they sit directly underneath the hood, and are a slightly
different shape. 1303's might have changed, I am not sure.

> For type 3s there are actually 2 different assemblies: 73s are different. I
> don't
> remember the details, but there are some parts which are different between
> the early and late years.

I haven't seen a late one, so a 1302S fan might not fit, but I know 1302S
fans are the same as the one in my '71 Fastback.

Ben Doughney

'75 1200L
'63 1200 - Ringo
'71 1600TL