Re: [T3] Spark plug wire question

On 9 Sep 2002, at 12:16, jim wrote:

> I did note that my VR is low (13.0) so I
> am going to retest it after a long run

Fair enough, but this will probably want to be replaced.

> Also, with my rotor problems, I found that replacing the dying battery in the
> multimeter did wonders.

Yeah, been burned there myself a couple times.  ;-)

> The BOSCH rotor (which I thought had infinite
> impedance) is about 4.8-5k while the un-named bad rotor does have about 0-200
> ohms resistance.  The car is running better with the BOSCH rotor.

The latter is probably ~0 Ohms. This should work fine but may give a bit
more noise in your radio. 5kOhms is the norm for the Bosch rotors. I have
seen a few aftermarket rotors which developed tracks or punchthru, so I stick
to Bosch.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org