Re: [T3] Carbs: speed hunting on the highway

>There is an adjustment screw on the terminal end of the idle cutoffs...
>anyone know what this does?? or how it should be properly adjusted??  I
>suspect that an idle cutoff that isnt adjusted properly, is loose, or has
>the wrong size jet MAY be causing  surging at highway speeds under light
>throttle.
>
>Thoughts on this??

Keith -

Jim Adney mentioned this screw when he sent me a new 6V idle jet cut-off
recently.  From one of his older manuals it said....

This screw is factory set and should not be messed with.  It can be used to
manually override the cut-off if the electromagnetic cut-off fails so that
you can get the car home.

I think it was turn it all the way in to manually override the cut-off.  I
can't find his e-mail right now.  It may be at work.  Am I remembering this
right Jim?

Later,
John Jaranson
'71 FI AT Fasty (Jane)