Re: [T3] poor emissions final update

On 7 Sep 2002, at 14:14, cesaro suma wrote:

> but, about them adjusting the throttle switch, if i rev the car up to about
> 2500rpm, then let off the gas totally, it takes over five seconds for it to
> get back to idle. that sounds long to me. it coast for a long time if i let
> off the gas in traffic. and the idle is now at 916. so i need to adjust
> that. after the idle is corrected, should i readjust the throttle switch?

I'm not sure that anything they did, other than fix a loose connection, had
any effect at all. It is just possible that their emissions tester is set a tad lax,
or that they were doing you a favor.

What year is this? If it is a 72 or 73 with the dashpot on the throttle this may
be correct. If it is earlier, the throttle valve switch may not be set right and
this is keeping the throttle somewhat open. I doubt if the latter is the case,
as your idle speed is still pretty good.