Re: [T3] generator covering

<x-charset iso-8859-1>
I have used these generator coverings for a while and I thought that
air and dust would be trapped in there. I found out that air does blow
 out the rear of the generator and dust goes out with it because of some new
clean wires that were routed behind it became dirty with graphite
material after 4 months. I can feel air blow behind the generator.
My older generator did not have these and the inside was kind of
grungy with contamination from all the dirt and debris that happens to fall
in. Without the covers, the air pressure comming out is lower and
cannot prevent junk from getting in  and with the covers ,
air jets out the back.

I assumed that the death of my generator was caused by a cold solder
joint between the electromagnet windings in the generator body, the
resistance
of these wires caused much heat and melted the wire coating to a crisp.
I noticed the cold solder joint when I bought it a year ago at VEE
parts (Local place) but ignored it , thinking it was my imagination.

I went to another local place of some reputation and found that their
rebuilt generator had a dirty burnt comutator , and corroded internal
connections, I tried Fibertech next and found the generators to
be of very clean quality. When looking for a good generator
look for quality . Bosch rebuilt is best but over 100 bucks.

Maybe I am making excuses for a generator overheated by the coverings ?
I do not know , but I do know that my generator is never too hot
to lay hands on.

LEON MARTINEZ

SAN DIEGO AND TIJUANA