Re: [T3] weber 34 ICTs

<x-charset iso-8859-1> there is a threaded hole in each manifold, what is it for? there came with
| the kit (1) alan set screw that seems to fit this hole but there is only
| 1.

Where did you get the set from?  The CB Performnace manifold sets have two
threaded holes at the top of each mainfold and should have come with two
threaded plugs and two threaded hose nipples.  I've used these for a balance
tube between manifolds, plugging the rear hole on each manifold and using
the nipples on the forward holes to run a balance line between manifolds.

| the two carbs are the same, not right and left, is this correct? so that
| one is mounted opposite orientation as the other?

They are the same, but are not flipped.  Both should have fuel line coming
in the front (front of the car that is), and the mixture screws and linkage
on the rear.

| there is a hose (nipple?) toward the bottom of the carb that looks like a
| vacuum hose connection, is this for a balance tube? it came with a hose
| that seems to be the right width to connect these?

Could be used for balance tube instead of the manifold port, or for vacuum
advance distributor.  Just remember to plug any ports your not using.

I have it all set up, but no pictures.  Sorry.  Hope this helps some.

My question I've been meaning to ask, with a port on the carb base and one
at the top of the mainfold which would be better for balance and which would
be better for vacuum advance?  They're not that far apart so I suppose it
does not matter too much.  The bore of the manifold ports are much larger
though.

Derek