Re: [T3] HELP!

Well, I am at a loss.  I swapped out the plugs for the Champions and I still
have the problem.  I even tried the W8ACs on the 3/4 bank.  Nothing helps.
The 1/2 bank seems to be responding normally.  The 3/4 bank is not.

I have verified compression on both  #3 115psi / #4 120psi
I have verified spark at both plugs.
The plug wires are on in the correct order.
The float bowl is full of gas.
The accelerator pump is functioning.
I disasembled and cleaned both carbs tonight.
I checked the valves on both and they are adjusted and functioning normally.
The timing is OK, although I did not check it with a timing light.
The points open and close at all four lobes and are gapped correctley.

She will start and run at idle and will rev up, but pops loudly back through
the exhaust.  It is clearly coming from the 3/4 bank.  I also occassionally
hear something that sounds more like a large nut rattling around.  I am not
at all sure that it is not just the engine popping during a different part
ofthe stroke or something.

Now for the weird stuff.  I disconnected the wire to the electromagnetic
shut-off jet on the 3/4 carb and she runs the same.  I pulled both 3 and 4
plug wires, and she runs the same, with less popping actually.  3/4 bank
stays cool.  She is clearly running only on 1/2.  But I have compression,
spark, and fuel......what gives?  What else could it be?   I don't know what
else to look at. HELP!

Later,
John Jaranson
'71 FI AT Fasty (Jane)