Re: [T3] 5000 miles!!!!

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> I still have a certain finger that remains extended for a good part of the
> drive. What can you do when you have an SUV in your back seat?

I know the feeling, I had a Dutch Volvo follow me off the ferry in Belgium
like that, only he didn't stop when I did, so I've a bent towbar (trailer
hitch) and damaged rear panel.  I noticed today the fender has also been
distorted a bit at the compound curve where it meets the rear panel, so I
expect the bumper mounts are also out of position.  It doesn't look much, as
the bumper was untouched, but there's usually more distortion than you would
expect.  I remember when washing that lower area there wasn't much room
between the bumper and the panel - now there's a lot.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/
------