Re: [T3] Modern a/c

In a message dated 9/4/02 7:45:16 AM Central Daylight Time, vwtrav@vwherb.com
writes:

<< hile your notions of the 2 belt system is correct (from my understanding),
 your assertions that it would kill your engine to have the first (normal)
 belt to fail, only apply to Type-1 cooling systems.  Our Type 3's cooling
 has nothing to do with the generator or that belt, many have gotten home
 with the gen belt snapped as it only kills the generator and the battery
 will usually get you quite a ways on it's charge.

 Travis
 '66 Fastback
 www.keedyweb.net/fastback

mmmm... You may be right about the belt servicing only the generator. But, if
it doesn't last but 50 miles per belt, that's still no good. A two belt
system is better, and they wouldn't have made the adapter for it if they
didn't mean for one to use it.

Don Garies
dgaries808@aol.com