Re: [T3] FI on a big engine

On 4 Sep 2002, at 16:56, Dan Allum wrote:

> What are the differences between the D-jet systems on a T3 versus the T4/914
> setup?

I think we have to assume that everything is different: not only all the obvious
FI parts like the brain, pressure sensor, and injectors, but also the pressure
drop as a function of airflow from the intake air distributor to the combustion
chamber.

I have to admit that this is where the D-Jetronic FI falls down. Because it
meters airflow as a function of manifold vacuum, it is very hard to extrapolate
it to different displacements.

OTOH, the L-jetronic and K-jetronic systems actually measure the air flow,
so they compensate for increases in displacement automatically, assuming
they have sufficient dynamic range.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org