Re: [T3] Modern a/c

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Hello-

> Sounds really cool (pun intended)!  How much extra load does the
> compressor force upon the engine while running?

A Sanden 508 has been dynoed at approx 1.25-1.5hp during cruise.
That's just about nothing :-).  If at cruise the compressor clicks off,
you'll likely never notice as it freed up so little power.

However, spinning it up does suck some power.  If you are trying to
rapidly accelerate in 1st or 2nd gear, no doubt you'll feel the
compressor.  And, if the compressor clicks back on, it has to go from
0rpm all the way up to speed, so you'll feel that.

So, enjoy the A/C on the cruise, but turn it off when you have to show
the rice burner next to you who's boss :-).

Take care,
Shad Laws
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com