Re: [T3] Hood Latch Problem

On 3 Sep 2002, at 16:50, Wuzmop@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated Tue, 3 Sep 2002 2:27:48 PM Eastern Standard Time, jadney@vwtype3.org writes:

> > You can pull back the wire and lube the cable. Note that the inner wire is
> > plastic coated and I have seen that coating break near the housing end and
> > get caught on that end when you try to pull on the cable. Make sure that it is
> > not binding now.
>
> I think this may be my problem. The plastic coating is not what I am referring to as the sleeve is it?

No, we're talking about 2 separate pieces of plastic here. On my 69 the
break in the plastic inner wire coating would catch on the entry edge of the
plastic sleeve and keep the wire from moving easily. I fixed it by just stripping
off the inner plastic coating up to the break.

It works GREAT now.   ;-)