Re: [T3] Fresh Air Vents

<x-charset iso-8859-1>From: "CAD Man" <vwtrav@vwherb.com>

 >it rained for a spell; started to get a drip-drip-drip
> under the dash.  Hopefully the tubes have just clogged up again.
>
> Ditto on the reminder, you aren't the only one being drip-dripped on!
> Although we are about finished w/ our rainy season.  (I have at least 2
> leaks to track down myself)
>
> Travis

I chased similar leaks and found that after pulling the airboxes, cleaning
and re-sealing the rubber, I still had a leak.  Turned out to be the wiper
shaft.  Red, rusty drips.  Had to drive in the cold with one pant leg rolled
up!  I bought new grommets, but haven't installed them.  I decided to
disassemble the whole car and begin repairs/restoration.

Freddie Lochner
Vincennes, IN
http://www.geocities.com/SixtyNineNotch