Re: [T3] Tbird or Berg exaust

On 3 Sep 2002, at 10:27, Greg Merritt wrote:

> > noticed that Berg has heater transfers. Anyone have one of these? whets the
>
>  You know, I seem to recall cutting off the little heater elbows
> (that go where the rear heater boxes should be) from one of my Berg
> headers... I think it ended up being simpler to just use a longer length
> of hose rather than try to line up these elbows.

Berg used to sell Fourtuned exhausts which came with the little transfer
elbows. In my opinion they are a big advantage over the flex hoses because
they won't come loose and fall off the car. They also will not chafe and wear
thru. They don't fit exactly right, but they are pretty close and worth a little
extra effort to install.

Last time I checked, which was a long time ago, Fourtuned was out of
business and Berg was selling Phoenix systems, with the same elbows.

>  I recall that these were just plain, simple tubes on the Berg
> headers, not heat exchangers.

Right, just bent tubes.

-
Jim Adney