Re: [T3] hesitating, fuel supply?

On 2 Sep 2002, at 23:19, Parker-Durost wrote:

>     Fuel crossover valve?  This would be in the pump?  The pump is
> original as far as I know, it has the plastic cover.

Separate part. It keeps fuel from flowing from the tank unless there is active
pressure from the pump. It is mounted in the 2 lines, to and from the pump.
These had reliability problems, I think, and most of them have failed and
been removed.

Adding one now would NOT make any improvements in how the engine runs.

> I could remove a
> gasket and get more insertion and check pressure again.

You should just check the pushrod height and make sure it is the nominal
value. This prevents overstressing the pump diaphram, which would lead to
early failure.

>     I didn't get a chance to do the compression test yet.  I thought
> that removing and installing plugs while hot risked damaging the
> heads?

I wouldn't do it if the engine is REALLY hot, but it shouldn't be a problem in a
gently warmed up engine. OTOH, I'm a strong proponent of MoS2 as a spark
plug thread lubricant; this will prevent seizing of these threads.