Re: [T3] FW: [T3] I installed my Mexican head , new data.

I did place the sensor on the same spot as the MOFOCO head.
The MOFOCO head had almost no outflow cooling through the
exhaust valve area , no air going through there. It did
have extra fins that were very thick, lots of extra metal
all around.

I do understand about thick and thin metals heating differnces
but on thick metals, it is slower to heat up and then there
is a saturation point that needs to be cooled off in order
for the temps not to increase , needs air over the surfaces
or the heat will just sit and increase. The Mexican head
seams to take advantage of the cooling characteristics of air.
 I understand that some metals conduct inside heat better
to the outside . Cooler outside will pull more heat from the
inside.

The sensor is hooked up to the a hotspot that is now a better
cooled section (exhaust valves).

   On the VW experimental aircraft site, all the
folks there are concerned with cooling around the exhaust valve
areas to save valves from a short life , that is typical with
all aircooled, this Mexican head seems to address the problem.

The head seems to work as well as the MOFOCO big valve since
I did not notice the difference with these small valves.
I did notice that the head was made without much casting
protrusions around the valve stem area below the valve head,
giving it more flow. This was usually a trick with flowing
a head by grinding these off, including the valve stem.
On the Mexican head , the valve stem only sticks out without
the casting protrusions.

My temps today without, pulling back on the abuse, never
got to 350 degrees on the Mexican head, the MOFOCO head on
the better cooled side got a little higher than 350 degrees.
In idle the mexican head is 'stone cold' around 225 degrees.

I will let you know what happens, fingers crossed.

LEON MARTINEZ