[T3] FI on a big engine

<x-flowed>if anyone has seen my poor emissions posts you have been under the impression that i would like to rebuild the engine. well i think i will do it this winter.
what i want to know is how big of an engine can i get and still keep my current fuel injection system? minor mods are ok if i can get it up to like 1776cc. would the fuel system still work with this format? are there any other problems or concerns? if this is not obtainable without major mods (and major bucks) could i just go to a 1641cc?

ultimately, what i want is a reliable, fun to drive daily driver with some power, at a decent price. (and a solid gold toilet, but i hope the first is obtainable)