Re: [T3] Clutch cable/tranny blues

On Sun, 2002-09-01 at 18:44, Wilson wrote:
> Hey All -
>
> I have been installing a new tranny and engine the last few week. Today I
> finally got things together enought to start it up. Well, I am almost sure
> that the clutch cable is not adjusted correctly and I am having issues
> getting the slack correct. Here is what it is doing: I have the rear end
> still on jacks and when I rev the engine, out of gear, the wheels turn
> slightly. Does the slackened cable and whhels turning add up to anything?

Wheels turning while in the air, does not really mean anything. This is
cause by the syncronizers dragging a little. If you can stop the wheels
with the brakes, there is no problem.
 On the other hand, the adjustment should be that you can just feel
clearance at the release arm (1mm) on the tranny. This should give you
about 1" of freeplay at the pedal. If you still have grinding of gears
going into gear, then start looking at a bent clutch disk or possibly a
clutch broken loose in the tunnel.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)