[T3] Fasty Brake Problem

Hello all,

Well, after three months of welding and general repair
on my Fastback (which now sports rebuilt heater
channels and rockers, and new front wheel wells
fabricated from 16 gauge steel, among other things),
I've got the thing back together...

However, the last operational item that needs to be
corrected is the brake system.  Though I've already
bled the brakes some, the pedal will still sink to
towards the floor, slowly, if you hold the pedal.  If
I do this a lot it looks like the fluid level in the
reservoir goes down, but I can't find a leak anywhere!
 I know I have to bleed the system more to rule that
out, but does this sound like an "air in the system"
problem to you all, or could it be:

- a rust or other particle preventing the master
cylinder piston from making a good seal, allowing
fluid to rush by the seals, or...

- simply air bubbles settling from the feed lines
going to the master cylinder

In other words, (in your opinion) should I start
shopping for a master cylinder if I can't find any
leaks whatsoever, and additional bleeding doesn't
rectify the problem?

Many thanks in advance!
-Doug :-)
73 Fastback