[T3] Option package numbers (was: Accelerator Cable Lengths)

<x-charset windows-1255>Hi all,

> M249 is automatic tranny isn't it?? Automatic throttle cable has a
> threaded end. Did VW supercede the '66 cable with the threaded one from
> the the automatic??

This reminds me of another little mystery concerning my car.

If you take a look at my car's birth certificate
(http://www.qldesign.com/type34/History/history.html) you'll see that it
says "Options: No options", and then at the bottom it says: "* with
automatic".

Anyone have any idea why my car apparently doesn't have option package M249?

Daniel Baum
1969 Type 34 automatic
http://www.qldesign.com/type34