Re: [T3] FI Problem Help?!?

On 23 Oct 2002, at 10:55, Larson Dean-Biehl wrote:

> "When we unplugged the distributor and just turned the eng over, only one
> cylinder filled full of fuel, which was the (looking at the eng from the
> rear) left side first of the two cylinders.       We undid all of the
> injectors and they all fired in order and seemed to be working fine."

Is the problem that one or more cylinders COMPLETELY fill up with gas?
This really isn't possible unless something is left on while the engine isn't
running.

> So sounds like it is the # 2 cylinder .Another news group I posted to said
> that it may be a leaking sensor or the cold-start valve (where is that
> anyway?)

The left cylinders and 3 & 4 (F & R.) Running rich could be caused by a bad
sensor or a stuck CSV (it's under the right side of the intake air distributor,)
but the most common cause, by far, is a bad voltage regulator which is
keeping the system voltage too low.

It sounds like the people selling the car don't understand the FI either. To be
more help, we really need a better description of the problem. If you tell us
where the car is, there might be someone nearby who could take a look at it.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054