Re: [T3] was>Too many rear-enders - Rear Lighting

On 23 Oct 2002, at 7:43, Aaron Clow wrote:

> Just wondering if it makes enough of a difference that
> it brings it up to other modern vehicles on the road?
> Or could they still benefit from an "upgrade?"

Certainly modern cars have brighter taillights, but I think the best thing to do
would be to just try to keep our cars at the level they were delivered with.
There are lots of things that conspire to reduce the light output: low system
voltage, poor grounds (before 69,) old darkened bulbs, corroded reflectors,
dirty lenses, and bad connections.

Most of these problems have simple solutions that don't require upgrades to
fix, just maintenance.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org