[T3] '63 Squareback fixed

Last I mentioned, my '63 Squareback was having problems with the front
driver's brakes heating up.  It had been traced to an incorrect inner wheel
bearing that was loose on the spindle.  On Thursday, I picked up a new wheel
bearing and my local shop also had a few (3) NOS metal over felt wheel
bearing seals (score!).  I bought them all.

Over the weekend I was heading to LA for the OCTO Bus meet so I made a stop
and Bill and Steve's to see if they had a correct long bolt for my wheel
cylinder to spindle:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/scrapbook/63variant/10162002/wheelcylinderbolts.j
pg

B&S's couldn't provide one so if anyone has a scrap 5-lug front end or a
bunch of old VW bolts laying around, I *really* want an original bolt.  I
borrowed one from another Type 3 that is dismantled and I have to replace
it.  It's M10 x 60mm x 1.0 pitch.  The local hardware store carries the
exact bolt, except it's not threaded the entire length.

Anyway, I went crazy with the torque wrench and other tools tonight and
reassembled everything to factory spec..  It's fixed!  The Squareback still
needs an alignment but damn, it drives completely different.  Now it seems
obvious something was screwed up.

--
Everett Barnes
'63 Squareback