Re: [T3] 4 to 5 Lug wheel adapters

In a message dated 10/21/02 12:19:39 PM Central Daylight Time, x43x@mail.com
writes:

<< Has anyone had experience with these?  Good or bad?  The options available
for the 5 lug wheels are a lot better looking IMHO.  Before I spend the $100
on adapters I figured I should see if they are crap.  I dont want my wheels
to fly off when Im driving 60 on the interstate.

I've had poor luck with the adapters in the past. I used some 5-lug to 4-lug
adapters
on my Type 34 once. The car vibrated terribly. I have forgot the brand of the
adapters, but I pulled them off and went back the the original 5-lug wheels.
I think that they were built to fit Ford wheels on a VW or something like
that. Whatever, they diidn't work well. I wouldn't fool with changing lug
sizes, myself. You can get eight-spoke empis instead of 5-spoke, and you can
get the other wheels for 4-lugs, too.

Don Garies
dgaries808@aol.com