Re: [T3] I Just Want to CRY...Only not so much now.

On 21 Oct 2002, at 12:07, jason.smith@sarcom.com wrote:

> You guys will remember at the beginng of Oct by 72 Fastback was smashed
> into...
> Well, I took my car to the Insurance Co. body shop and with parts estimates
> giving by me, the shop came up with an estimate of $1800 to fix the damage. They
> sent this to the Insurance Co. and they called be today with APPROVAL! They pay
> for the damage and I my car does not get totaled.  Wow, I did not think it was
> going to be this easy, from what everyone said.

My experience is that it is usually this easy as long as the other guy is
clearly at fault. The only one who is in a position to give you a hard time is
your insurance co. and they don't want to do that if they are going to get
reimbursed by the other side.

>  Although it will never replace all my trouble and heartache, I had
> expected so much more of a fight.  Now, what to do with my car?  I don't
> know if, with everything else (anything that needed fixed before the
> accident), if I use the money to repair it or start saving for a new one.

How bad will it be, once it is "fixed?"

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org