From: "Jim Adney" <jadney@vwtype3.org>
To: <type3@vwtype3.org>
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 2:48 PM
Subject: Re: [T3] Speedo not broken

> powered by sweat.  I tend to avoid my brakes also.

You're probably right. I really hate to waste either kinetic or potential
energy,
so I use brakes only as a last resort. I view unnecessary braking as akin to
throwing a small handful of pennies out the window each time.

Of course it also has a lot to do with driving type 3s with stock engines
which require a long time to get back up to speed.