Re: [T3] stripped oil change bolt more details !!

> So far, so good (although I no longer routinely remove the sump plate for
> regular oil changes anymore.  I think I'll do it maybe every third or
fourth
> oil change from now on.

I would still advise cleaning the gauze every change, particularly if you do
a lot of short journeys in the 3000 miles.  I've done this scores of times
on my own VWs now, and because I renew the gaskets each time and tighten the
nuts with care and a 4" short  wrench, I have never had any trouble in 36
years.  Long may that continue!

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/