Re: [T3] Exhuast ?

On 19 Oct 2002, at 11:31, John Jaranson wrote:

> Sophy is in dire need of a new exhaust.  I am considering the "Over-the-Top"
> exhaust from Kymco.  Would consider a stock exhaust and have also found this
> "Conversion Kit" exhaust on CIP's website:
>
> http://store.cip1.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=cali&Prod
> uct_Code=VWC-311-251-061-FALT&Category_Code=18-06-01
>
> Anyone have experience with these?  They obviously eliminate the small rear
> heat exchanges.

No experience here. This is a type 4 or late bus muffler with some adapter
pipes. Interesting concept.

I think I can still get some Canadian made type 3 mufflers that replace the
OE mufflers. These still use all the standard heat exchangers and come as
one piece, with the exhaust tip in the normal left side position. I only tried
one of these and found that the big threads that screwed into the rear heat
exchangers were a bit small and stripped out of the first set of HEs I tried
them in, but that muffler is now installed in a car that is driving around now
and it's been fine for over a year. I won't really know how they survive for
another couple of years.