[T3] Glove box installation

I have a glove box to install in my 69 SQBK, my old one suffered from water damage, plus
the hood release lever broke, etc.

The new glove box has the hood release cable, with sleeve, and lever.  It seems a fairly
straight forward replacement, but I thought I'd query to any advice or hints?

I figure I will take the spare out of the front trunk until I know the release mechanism
works top notch since it seems easier to "break in" if something happens without the tire
there.

Also, would be it advantagous to water proof the glove box somehow to prevent water
damage in the future?  I have cleaned out my air boxes which were causing the leaks but
they are bound to get crud in them again.

Thanks for your help.  Jim.

=====
all new and now with genuine meat by-products...
http://www.machobeagle.com