Re: [T3] Heads -- which, where to get? this is where

On 17 Oct 2002, at 15:11, Martinez, Leon wrote:

> I noticed that the exhaust valves on the unmodified VW Mexican
> heads have very thick stems, way thicker than it's tip and
> much thicker than the intake,s valve stem, is this what you are talking
> about ?

I THINK that beetles started getting exhaust valves with 9mm stems (8mm is
the norm for us) at about the same time that they became fuel injected. i
heard that this was to prevent the problem with the exhaust valve heads
breaking off and destroying an engine.

I really don't know the full story on this, but I'd like to learn more from
someone who can tell us the history of this.