Re: [T3] '63 brake problems - success?

Jim A. said:
>You should really have 3 parts: seal, inner race with rollers attached,
and
outer race pressed into the drum. I have the bearings, I don't know if the
late
seals will work there.

Yes, the races are there too, I was ignoring those.

The sequence is nuts, outer washer, outer bearing, and outer race, then
inner race, inner bearing, inner seal.

I was wrong about the 1-piece bearing and seal.  They were just rammed together
and I popped them apart this morning.  Yes, the seal is felt in a metal
casing.  The metal casing is kinda smashed up from having the bearing rammed
into it.  I also noticed the seal was installed backward, although this
doesn't really look like it would matter.  I'm pretty sure the seal is NLA
but it looks ok to reuse, it just has a couple dents on the inside lip.

--
Everett Barnes
'63 Squareback