Re: [T3] I smell fuel

 Lori wrote:
>When the tank is full, I smell fuel when making a sharp left turn.   a
>while back I remember reading about why this might happen. Does any one
>remember the reasons for this problem?

 You have the dreaded cracked/broken fuel over flow/vent hose problem.  This
hose lives right next to the fuel filler hose ans is subject to cracking and
breaking from age and vibration or both. When it does 2 things happen; 1) you
smell gas when making left turns with a full or mostly full tank of gas. 2)
when it rains and you drive down the road water gets into your fuel tank thru
the cracks/ breaks and the tank tries to rust out, it also causes the engine
to run rough as water is now being mixed with the gas as it burns. The cure
for it is to replace the hose. Jim A. used to have some available for
purchase, and others on the list could tell you another method of replacing
it too. But you need to replace it for the smell to go away and save your car
from running like crap. I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       69 Squareback-AT