Re: [T3] Got my new wheels fitted...

On 16 Oct 2002, at 8:35, BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com wrote:

>  It sounds more like a loose wheel bearing to me, jack up that side and grab
> the tire top and bottom and then rock it it will give yo an idea of how loose
> it is. Something to think about; a loose wheel bearing will go a long ways
> (thousands of miles), while a tight one won't go 500 miles. Also the caliper
> needs that little slack in the wheel bearing to help it retract (BTDT). I
> hope this helps.

He said the noise was the same on both sides, which makes me believe that
the problem is most likely the sway bar..

Loose wheel bearings certainly will help beat sticky caliper pads back out of
the way, but good, completely free calipers don't need any help. If yours
need this help, they need to be rebuilt.