Re: [T3] Type of Fuel to use (in Australia)?

> I once read a press statement from VW saying that all VW engines made
> after 1947 and all Audi engines made after 1970 wouldnt see any side
> effects from unleaded fuel.

The company wrote to the German historic VW club in the same vein - they
said lead memory would serve OK for the oldest ones.
The only worry might be non-original valves or rebuilt heads not having the
best quality parts to cope with unleaded.
In my motor industry analysis of a '69 auto FI Fastback the valve seats are
said to be made from "Dr Kohler's lead/steel alloy".  Anyone know what that
would be?  It sounds a good start for avoiding the micro-welding of the
valve and seat faces that causes the valve seat recession problem.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/
------