Re: [T3] Got my new wheels fitted...

 Freddie wrote:
>Or worn out tie rod end(s) - especially check driver's side inner, as it is
different >from the other three, harder to find a replacement for, and
therefore not likely >replaced when/if the others were.

 Freddie, I think he has right hand drive, which would make things different
(short tie rod assembly on right and the long one on the left). He did say it
was isolated to the left wheel.

Ben wrote:
>But, while I was trying to trace the rattle, I also noticed that when I put
>my hands on the top of the tyre and shake it back and forth I get a clunking
>noise. Shaking the right hand tyre causes the same noise from the left one.

 It sounds more like a loose wheel bearing to me, jack up that side and grab
the tire top and bottom and then rock it it will give yo an idea of how loose
it is. Something to think about; a loose wheel bearing will go a long ways
(thousands of miles), while a tight one won't go 500 miles. Also the caliper
needs that little slack in the wheel bearing to help it retract (BTDT). I
hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       69 Squareback-AT