Re: [T3] Removal of Badges

On 15 Oct 2002, at 22:46, Daniel Wood wrote:

> First question I have at the moment is how to remove the badges from the
> back of the car? I'm unsure how to proceed just incase I break them in some way.
> I've searched the list archives and haven't been able to find anything related
> to it, same with the Haynes book. (I'll probably be getting the Bentley manual
> in a couple of months).

I don't think any of the manuals cover this. The name plates at the rear have
pegs molded into them that poke thru holes in the body metal. Those pegs
are captured by rubber caps which grab them from the inside. You have to
remove the caps from the inside first and then the lettering will simply lift off.

Be careful. If you are too rough with them, the pegs will just break off and
this will leave you with no way to reinstall them.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054